WCDR 2023 Scholarships!
Open to current WCDR members (excluding WCDR Board members)
The photo prompt above features an old-style typewriter, missing several of its keys and “decomposing” into a brick walkway.
Scholarship Submission Process
BE ADVISED – You must be a member in good standing BEFORE you submit your
scholarship application. If you are unsure of your standing, please contact Maureen Curry at firstname.lastname@example.org .
How the process works:
1) Submit a Scholarship Application in full (Download PDF form below) with the following information:
· Your Writing Goals (Specify how these goals will further your writing career)
· The steps you have taken so far to develop your writing career
· Your future writing goals
· An essay explaining why you feel you deserve to be considered for the scholarship
2) Submit a 5-page writing sample using the picture prompt above. Submission Rules:
· Standard Industry Submission Format – .doc or .docx
· 8.5” x 11” page format
· 1-inch margins
· Double Spaced
· 12-point Times New Roman font.
PLEASE NOTE – Samples that do not arrive in the correct format will be rejected.
Both the Scholarship Application and 5-page writing sample (created from the writing prompt) are to be sent to email@example.com.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING IS Sunday, May 14, by 11:59 PM.
Late entries will not be accepted.
Good Luck Members!