Expanding on the 5 M's of Indie Success: Myths, Market, Manuscripts, Management, and Mindset touched on at the Monthly Network Meeting of April 4, we'll delve deeper into what makes
Expanding on the 5 M’s of Indie Success: Myths, Market, Manuscripts, Management, and Mindset touched on at the Monthly Network Meeting of April 4, we’ll delve deeper into what makes a successful indie author. We’ll be analyzing:
- genre fiction, literary fiction, and the mashup in the middle
- where you fit in the write to market/hot niche/hot cell world,
- rapid release/hoarding/tapered release strategies, and reader expectations
- the critical first impressions – cover, blurb copy, title
- wide versus KU exclusive
- keywords, categories, and the tools needed to master them
- ads – Amazon, Facebook, and BookBub – and the sad truth about Canada
- the importance of social media, newsletters, promos, giveaways, and engaging with your readers
- audiobooks, print, merchandise, and other income streams
- knowing your strengths and leveraging what you’re working with
- and whatever else comes up during the discussion
If you’re indie, hybrid, or considering it in the future, this workshop will give you a ton of foundational knowledge to build on. I’ll be sending you home with an indie toolkit full of invaluable options, insights, and experiences for you to apply to your future. Can’t wait to see you there.
Jenny Madore is a full-time, multi-genre fiction novelist with thirty-two indie-published titles written under the pen names, JL Madore and Auburn Tempest. Giving life to Fantasy, Paranormal, Time-slip, and Sci-fi stories is her passion. Whether Romance or not, she loves to twist alpha heroes and kick-ass heroines into chaotic, fast-paced, magical, action-adventure situations and make them really work for their happy endings.
Writers' Community of Durham Region